Switch to Baked Egg in Avocado
Instead of baking your eggs in bread (egg in a hole), try baked eggs in avocado halves instead. You avoid the gluten this way and increase your intake of good fats. Try this Baked Egg in Avocado recipe and let me know what you think. It is very easy. The prep work only takes about 5 minutes and the egg in avocado bakes in as little as 10 minutes.
If you are looking for a quick healthy breakfast that also happens to be gluten-free and Paleo, try Baked Egg in Avocado.
Baked Egg in Avocado Recipe – Gluten-free and Paleo breakfast
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Baked Egg in Avocado Recipe:
pinch of salt,
pinch of pepper,
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the stone.
- Scoop out some of the avocado flesh and reserve for later. Make sure you scoop out enough for the egg to fit in the avocado half.
- Sprinkle the avocado with seasoning of your choice. I used a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Place the avocado halves in a baking dish on on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Crack an egg in a dish and carefully place it inside one of the avocado halves. Repeat for the other half.
- Add additional seasoning or sauce if desired.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until the egg is done to your liking. If you do not like running yolks, beat the egg first before placing it in the avocado.
- Add even more sauce or seasoning and the reserved avocado from earlier (optional).