I know I should be drinking more water. Even during the summer, I have a hard time drinking plain water. I don’t know why. Unless I’ve just worked out or been outside in the heat, water is not normally the first drink I choose. I like juice, Gatorade, and fizzy juice drinks, but I know I shouldn’t drink those all of the time. How do I get myself to drink more water? I’ve been making fruit infused water at home as a healthy way to drink more water.
Healthy, Fun Way to Drink More Water
I’ve been experimenting with different fruits and herbs. You can have fun making healthy flavored water at home. Try out different combinations of most fruits (bananas don’t work so well) and a variety of spices and herbs.
How to make fruit infused water
First, I bought a bunch of Mason jars online that I use to make my fruity water. I got a good deal on Amazon on this 9 pack of Ball Wide-Mouth Mason Jars with Lids and Bands.
Then, start experimenting with your favorite fruits and veggies even.
Finally, let your water infuse for about 2 hours at room temperature.
For best results, drink your infused water within about a day or two.
If you would like some examples, then here are a few of my creations.
Strawberries and Lime infused water.
Watermelon, Cucumber, and Lime infused water.
Cherries, Strawberries, and Lemons infused water.
More Recipes for Fruit Infused Water
For more, check out these recipes for fruit infused water check out:
- DIY Fruit Infused Water Recipes For Weight Loss on Femnique
- 12 Fruit-Infused Water Combos To Keep You Hydrated All Summer from Rodale’s Organic Life
- Fruit-Infused Water – 6 ways! From berries, to citrus, to cucumber and herbs on She Uncovered
- Detox Water: Top 24 clean recipes to boost your metabolism from Lean Jumpstart
- 6 simple delicious infused water recipes from Earth 911