How many times have you thrown away ripe bananas? My kids will not eat bananas if they go over the spot quota. I know, I know, it seems ridiculous. Bananas actually get sweeter as they ripen. I hate wasting food, so I created a roundup of some recipes with ripe bananas.
Bananas not only taste great, they are good for you too. They have fiber, potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin C, and lots of antioxidants. Therefore, this makes them a healthy choice for snacks, breakfast, desserts, and more. Bananas are fat-free and each serving has only 110 calories.
So, before you throw away that perfectly good banana, take a look at all of these ripe banana recipes.
Stop! Don’t Throw that Banana Away! 21 Recipes with Ripe Bananas
Banana Ice Cream Recipe
1. Piña Colada “Ice Cream” – You don’t need an ice cream maker for this “ice cream”. Amazingly, this banana ice cream is easy to make and a healthy dessert.
Muffins Recipes With Ripe Bananas
2. Banana Upside Down Muffins – Get ready for the caramelized sugar to melt in your mouth.
3. Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins – Next, these delicious and not too banana-y muffins have easy peasy directions.
4. Recipe for Banana Cranberry Muffins – If you are not a big fan of bananas, then you’ll like the fact that the tart cranberries mask some of the banana taste.
Ripe Bananas Desserts
5. Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Quesadillas Recipe – Only costing pennies per serving, this peanut butter chocolate and banana quesadilla recipe won’t break the bank.
6. Banana Cake with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting – If you love cream cheese, then try this Banana Cake accented with just the right amount of brown sugar cream cheese frosting.
7. Recipe for Banana Hazelnut Cookies – Another way to use ripe bananas, this recipe uses mashed ripe bananas with honey and hazelnut meal.
8. Banana Cream Cones Recipe – For parties, dessert, or really anytime, these no bake banana cream cones look super fun!
9. Banana Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting – If you want something simple, then make these banana cupcakes using boxed cake mix.
10. High-Protein Raspberry & Banana Mousse – Next up, here is a banana protein snack and with a thick, silky consistency made with hard whipped egg whites.
11. Banana Bundt Cake Recipe – Also using ripe bananas, this cake recipe is easy would be great with a glaze or powdered sugar dusting.
12. Chocolate Banana Cake Recipe – If you are craving fudge, then make this moist, fudgy banana cake.
Banana Bread Recipes Using Ripe Bananas
13. Gluten Free Banana Bread – For those avoiding gluten, this gluten-free banana bread is super moist and light and has no refined sugar.
14. Banana Bread Mason Jar Wedding Favors – If you are looking for a gift idea, then check out this banana bread made in Mason jars.
15. Breakfast Banana “Sushi”– To put a fun spin on breakfast (or dessert) and clean out the fridge and pantry, try your hand at these breakfast banana sushi rolls.
16. Recipe for Banana pancakes with pecans – Gather your ripe bananas, chopped pecans, and maple syrup for this one.
17. Flourless Banana Pancakes – If you love fluffy pancakes, then you’ll love these flourless banana pancakes that use bananas and eggs as a base.
Breakfast Bars Made With Bananas
18. Banana Walnut Quinoa Bars – Another recipe made with ripe bananas, are these super healthy breakfast bars that are delicious hot or cold depending on your mood.
Banana Drinks Recipes Made with Ripe Bananas
19. Chunky Monkey Smoothie Recipe – Next, this banana smoothie recipe even comes with cute little printable monkey straw hangers.
20. Banana Coffee Cacao Smoothie Recipe – If you are a coffee lover and you have ripe bananas, then this is the recipe for you!
And… this banana recipe is for the dogs, literally!
21. Frozen Banana and Peanut Butter Dog Treat Recipe – I think my dog will love these healthy frozen dog treats.
Alright, no more excuses. I have better not see any ripe bananas in your trash can now! These 21 recipes using ripe bananas should keep you busy for a while. Please, let us know which ones you try and how you like them.