As a busy mom I try to squeeze in workouts when I can. I try to wake up a few minutes early at least 3 days a week to do a short workout. I had a trainer put together a routine for me, but I’m always searching for quick workouts I can do at home. Jenna Wolfe from the Today Show has a fast total body workout you can do at home that burns 100 calories in 10 minutes. She calls it a pyramid workout since there are 10 moves and each move has less and less reps.
10 Minute Workout You Can Do Anywhere and Burn 100 Calories
Here are the 10 moves, but to get more information and specifics on how to do the exercise check out the video below.
- Butt kickers: 100 reps (left side + right side = 1 rep)
- Jumping jacks: 90 reps
- Uppercuts, sitting on the floor: 80 reps (left side + right side = 1 rep)
- Hip raises, with both feet on the floor: 70 reps
- Renegade Rows: 60 reps (left side + right side = 1 rep)
- Pikes: 50 reps
- High knees: 40 reps (right side + left side = 1 rep)
- Mountain climbers — fast: 30 reps (left side + right side = 1 rep)
- Crab touches: 20 reps (left side + right side = 1 rep)
- Pushup Jacks: 10 reps