Here is the next breast cancer update. First, I want to thank everyone. Thank you for your thoughts, prayers, offers for help, etc.
Breast Cancer Update 2 for Young Breast Cancer Survivor
I’m home (my parent’s house) from the hospital. I had a bilateral mastectomy with the start of reconstruction surgery Monday afternoon. It was a very long (8+ hour) surgery. Unfortunately, the first few days were pretty rough. On the bright side, the pain is getting better each day. It seems to be getting a little better now. Then, we have our next appointment is Thursday. During this appointment, we’ll meet with the surgeon and go over the surgery results. At that time, they’ll have a more detailed biopsy report then. The initial report during surgery was good. The lymph nodes appeared to be clear, but they still have more testing to do to thoroughly check them.
Starting Chemo Soon
Most likely I will begin chemotherapy in a few weeks.
I’m very exhausted right now. They said typically after a surgery like this it takes 3-6 months to get your energy levels back. Even just taking a shower wears me out.
Yesterday, I did get out of the house for the first time. We took the boys to see Toy Story 3D.
Surgery Drainage Tubes
I still have the drainage tubes from surgery (2 on each side). Those will hopefully come out next week at some point. I’m hoping to be more comfortable once that happens.
Thanks again for your support and positive comments.
If you have any questions, want to talk, or know someone in my similar situation then please leave a comment or email me.
- 10/25/2018 - My Laparoscopic Prophylactic Oophorectomy because of BRCA1
- 9/25/2018 - 9 Years!
- 10/1/2016 - What it's Like to Be a Breast Cancer Survivor in October
- 9/21/16 - Breast Cancer Survivor 7 Year Cancerversary
- 9/14/2016 - Scanxiety: Tips to Deal with Cancer Anxiety
- 9/23/2015 – My Prophylactic Salpingectomy with Delayed Oophorectomy (PSDO) – Fallopian Tube Removal Option for BRCA Women to Decrease Ovarian Cancer Risk (with video)
- 3/25/2015 – BRCA Positive Breast Cancer Survivor Response to Angelina Jolie’s New York Times Article
- 10/10/2014 – It feels like the bottoms of my feet have been hit with a hammer
- 9/25/2014 – My 5 Year Cancerversary – 5 Year Breast Cancer Survivor
- 5/23/2013 – Breast Implants after Breast Cancer Mastectomy and Reconstruction, Expanders, See Scars YouTube Video
- 9/30/10 – My Cancerversary (1 Year after diagnosis) Video and Giveaway
- 7/1/10 – Breast Cancer Update – 6 Months Later (pic)
- 4/26/10 – Breast Cancer Reconstruction after Double Mastectomy (video)
- 4/7/10 – Breast Cancer Update April 2010 w/ pics
- 2/26/10 – Light at the End of the Tunnel w/ pics
- 2/15/10 – Breast Cancer Update (video) – Done with Chemo, Now What?
- 1/23/10 – Dallas Doctors
- 1/7/10 – Appointment with the Oncologist
- 12/31/09 Last Chemo and Video
- 12/30/09 – Getting Ready for Chemo #4
- 12/27/09 – Still Recovering from Chemo and Video
- 12/10/09 Chemo #3 and Video
- 12/1/09 – Sleep… Finally and Video
- 11/19/09 – Chemo #2 and Video
- 11/17/09 – Wigs and Makeup
- 11/10/09 – Video Update – My Breast Cancer Story – Diagnosis to Chemo
- 10/30/09 – The Beginning of Chemo
- 10/15/09 – Good News After Surgery
- 10/10/09 – Post Surgery