Well, it has now been 6 months after my last chemo. I thought it would be a good time for another update.
How I Feel 6 Months After Chemo For Breast Cancer
Things are going pretty well. My hair is growing back after chemotherapy and looking more normal. It looks more like a choice than a person going through chemo.
My fingernails have grown back in. All eventually fell off, but luckily I’m past that now.
In the last few months, we’ve been busy trying to get back to normal after cancer. We joined a gym and I’ve been trying to exercise at least a few times a week. I’ve taken the boys on some bike rides with the bike trailer. I’m still tired, but I’m not sure how much of that is just normal mom exhaustion.
I had my last surgery for a while back in April. The expanders were replaced with implants and the recovery was not too bad. It was a lot better than I thought. Now, I’ll just have a few minor “touch-ups”.
I have a follow up with my Austin oncologist next week and then follow-ups with my Dallas doctors in August.
Well, that’s about it for now. Just trying to move forward and hopefully get past all of this.
I hope things are going well for you all.Keep reading...
- 10/25/2018 - My Laparoscopic Prophylactic Oophorectomy because of BRCA1
- 9/25/2018 - 9 Years!
- 10/1/2016 - What it's Like to Be a Breast Cancer Survivor in October
- 9/21/16 - Breast Cancer Survivor 7 Year Cancerversary
- 9/14/2016 - Scanxiety: Tips to Deal with Cancer Anxiety
- 9/23/2015 – My Prophylactic Salpingectomy with Delayed Oophorectomy (PSDO) – Fallopian Tube Removal Option for BRCA Women to Decrease Ovarian Cancer Risk (with video)
- 3/25/2015 – BRCA Positive Breast Cancer Survivor Response to Angelina Jolie’s New York Times Article
- 10/10/2014 – It feels like the bottoms of my feet have been hit with a hammer
- 9/25/2014 – My 5 Year Cancerversary – 5 Year Breast Cancer Survivor
- 5/23/2013 – Breast Implants after Breast Cancer Mastectomy and Reconstruction, Expanders, See Scars YouTube Video
- 9/30/10 – My Cancerversary (1 Year after diagnosis) Video and Giveaway
- 7/1/10 – Breast Cancer Update – 6 Months Later (pic)
- 4/26/10 – Breast Cancer Reconstruction after Double Mastectomy (video)
- 4/7/10 – Breast Cancer Update April 2010 w/ pics
- 2/26/10 – Light at the End of the Tunnel w/ pics
- 2/15/10 – Breast Cancer Update (video) – Done with Chemo, Now What?
- 1/23/10 – Dallas Doctors
- 1/7/10 – Appointment with the Oncologist
- 12/31/09 Last Chemo and Video
- 12/30/09 – Getting Ready for Chemo #4
- 12/27/09 – Still Recovering from Chemo and Video
- 12/10/09 Chemo #3 and Video
- 12/1/09 – Sleep… Finally and Video
- 11/19/09 – Chemo #2 and Video
- 11/17/09 – Wigs and Makeup
- 11/10/09 – Video Update – My Breast Cancer Story – Diagnosis to Chemo
- 10/30/09 – The Beginning of Chemo
- 10/15/09 – Good News After Surgery
- 10/10/09 – Post Surgery