My hair started falling out around the time of my second chemo treatment for breast cancer. Since my head was itchy I knew it was time to shave my head because of chemo hair loss.
Breast Cancer Patient Shaves Head Because of Chemo Hair Loss
Saturday, I was feeling pretty bad. I could hardly get out of bed. I was very achy. The nausea wasn’t too bad, but my muscles were aching a lot. All I was able to eat was crackers, and I spent most of the day in bed.
Yesterday was a lot better. I was still achy, but I spent most of the day out of bed today. I was able to eat some. Aunt Susan came over to help take care of the boys.
My Hair Was Falling Out Because of Chemo Hair Loss
My hair has been coming out a lot more. I decided it was time to finally shave it. We all went outside to the backyard and Morry shaved my head. It’s pretty weird having a buzz cut, but it does feel a lot better. My head was itching and all the hair falling out was getting to me.
Here are videos from Saturday and Sunday. You can also see pictures of me with the wigs on at the end of the haircut video.
Before the haircut- video
Shaving the Head of a Breast Cancer Patient
Morry shaves my hair- video
- 10/25/2018 - My Laparoscopic Prophylactic Oophorectomy because of BRCA1
- 9/25/2018 - 9 Years!
- 10/1/2016 - What it's Like to Be a Breast Cancer Survivor in October
- 9/21/16 - Breast Cancer Survivor 7 Year Cancerversary
- 9/14/2016 - Scanxiety: Tips to Deal with Cancer Anxiety
- 9/23/2015 – My Prophylactic Salpingectomy with Delayed Oophorectomy (PSDO) – Fallopian Tube Removal Option for BRCA Women to Decrease Ovarian Cancer Risk (with video)
- 3/25/2015 – BRCA Positive Breast Cancer Survivor Response to Angelina Jolie’s New York Times Article
- 10/10/2014 – It feels like the bottoms of my feet have been hit with a hammer
- 9/25/2014 – My 5 Year Cancerversary – 5 Year Breast Cancer Survivor
- 5/23/2013 – Breast Implants after Breast Cancer Mastectomy and Reconstruction, Expanders, See Scars YouTube Video
- 9/30/10 – My Cancerversary (1 Year after diagnosis) Video and Giveaway
- 7/1/10 – Breast Cancer Update – 6 Months Later (pic)
- 4/26/10 – Breast Cancer Reconstruction after Double Mastectomy (video)
- 4/7/10 – Breast Cancer Update April 2010 w/ pics
- 2/26/10 – Light at the End of the Tunnel w/ pics
- 2/15/10 – Breast Cancer Update (video) – Done with Chemo, Now What?
- 1/23/10 – Dallas Doctors
- 1/7/10 – Appointment with the Oncologist
- 12/31/09 Last Chemo and Video
- 12/30/09 – Getting Ready for Chemo #4
- 12/27/09 – Still Recovering from Chemo and Video
- 12/10/09 Chemo #3 and Video
- 12/1/09 – Sleep… Finally and Video
- 11/19/09 – Chemo #2 and Video
- 11/17/09 – Wigs and Makeup
- 11/10/09 – Video Update – My Breast Cancer Story – Diagnosis to Chemo
- 10/30/09 – The Beginning of Chemo
- 10/15/09 – Good News After Surgery
- 10/10/09 – Post Surgery