Chemo sucks! In this breast cancer blog post I talk about how chemo #3 is kicking my butt!
Breast Cancer Video Update of Chemo Number 3
So, I had chemo today. We got there at 8:15 am and were done at 12:30. The pre-drugs (Atavan and some anti-nausea thing) made me pretty drowsy and I slept most of the time while I was there. Morry was there for most of the time except when he and the kids went to get h1n1 vaccine shots. While they were doing that my mom sat with me.
I wasn’t that tired since I had slept through most of the chemo. I tried to take advantage of the quiet afternoon and got a few things done. Before I started feeling bad I wanted to get some more things done. My mom and I wrapped all of the presents. It feels good to have that done.
Living with Steelers Fans
The Steelers game is on now so Morry and the boys are upstairs in the game room watching TV. Morry had been watching the games downstairs, but he thought that TV was bad luck and decided to move back upstairs to the TV that won last year’s Super Bowl for the Steelers.
Well, the next few days probably won’t be so pleasant from me. I will continue to check email but probably won’t write back for a few days.
Chemo #3 is kicking my butt – Breast Cancer Update, Chemo Sucks
Here’s a little video describing my day today and the weekend to come. At one point Evan and Noah join me in the video as well. Go here to see it or look below.Keep reading...
- 10/25/2018 - My Laparoscopic Prophylactic Oophorectomy because of BRCA1
- 9/25/2018 - 9 Years!
- 10/1/2016 - What it's Like to Be a Breast Cancer Survivor in October
- 9/21/16 - Breast Cancer Survivor 7 Year Cancerversary
- 9/14/2016 - Scanxiety: Tips to Deal with Cancer Anxiety
- 9/23/2015 – My Prophylactic Salpingectomy with Delayed Oophorectomy (PSDO) – Fallopian Tube Removal Option for BRCA Women to Decrease Ovarian Cancer Risk (with video)
- 3/25/2015 – BRCA Positive Breast Cancer Survivor Response to Angelina Jolie’s New York Times Article
- 10/10/2014 – It feels like the bottoms of my feet have been hit with a hammer
- 9/25/2014 – My 5 Year Cancerversary – 5 Year Breast Cancer Survivor
- 5/23/2013 – Breast Implants after Breast Cancer Mastectomy and Reconstruction, Expanders, See Scars YouTube Video
- 9/30/10 – My Cancerversary (1 Year after diagnosis) Video and Giveaway
- 7/1/10 – Breast Cancer Update – 6 Months Later (pic)
- 4/26/10 – Breast Cancer Reconstruction after Double Mastectomy (video)
- 4/7/10 – Breast Cancer Update April 2010 w/ pics
- 2/26/10 – Light at the End of the Tunnel w/ pics
- 2/15/10 – Breast Cancer Update (video) – Done with Chemo, Now What?
- 1/23/10 – Dallas Doctors
- 1/7/10 – Appointment with the Oncologist
- 12/31/09 Last Chemo and Video
- 12/30/09 – Getting Ready for Chemo #4
- 12/27/09 – Still Recovering from Chemo and Video
- 12/10/09 Chemo #3 and Video
- 12/1/09 – Sleep… Finally and Video
- 11/19/09 – Chemo #2 and Video
- 11/17/09 – Wigs and Makeup
- 11/10/09 – Video Update – My Breast Cancer Story – Diagnosis to Chemo
- 10/30/09 – The Beginning of Chemo
- 10/15/09 – Good News After Surgery
- 10/10/09 – Post Surgery