Well, it’s almost that time again. Tomorrow I have the 4th and final chemo treatment. Boo and Yay! I’m so looking forward to being done with this part of my treatment.
Getting Ready for Chemo #4 – Breast Cancer Survivor Blog Update
I’m feeling a little better than the last time I updated. I’m still not great. The two most annoying symptoms this time have been the extreme fatigue and hand problems. I’m still very tired, but at least my hands are getting a little better. I have gotten some feeling back in my fingertips and my hands don’t hurt quite as bad. They are mostly just peeling right now. I still have a hard time doing fine motor skills. Morry has to help me open certain things and it’s difficult getting the kids changed and dressed.
Exercising During Chemo for Breast Cancer
Even though I’m tired, I have tried to exercise a little. I have a DVD of 10-minute dance workouts and I have done a few of them – just 10 minutes at a time. I didn’t want to overdo it. After just 10 minutes I was pretty tired. I’m looking forward to having the chemo out of my system so that I can really start walking, running, and doing other aerobic stuff again.
Suggested Reading for Cancer Patients
I’ve been reading a book our neighbors bought for me. It’s called Anticancer: A New Way of Life. It’s very interesting. The author is a doctor who underwent chemo and treatment for brain cancer and did a lot of research on natural ways to fight cancer. He stresses how important a good diet is with more organic foods and less processed products. He talks a lot about following a Mediterranean diet. I’ve been trying to do more of that. We just bought a juicer yesterday so I can make vegetable and fruit juices.
Date Nights for Cancer Patients are Important
Morry and I went out on a date last night. I was finally feeling up to going out. We had a nice, relaxing dinner and dessert. Things have obviously been a little stressful around here. I just want to say how amazing Morry has been through all of this. Not only has he supported me and shown we are in this together (ie shaving his head), he has been taking care of the boys, the house, the animals, etc. Luckily he was so hands on before all this. He is great taking care of the kids, in fact, Evan wants Morry to do everything with and for him. It’s cute, but it can get exhausting. Morry is doing a great job balancing everything. I just wish there was some way I could give him a break and let him relax a little.
Getting Some Extra Help
Michael and Jen get in this afternoon. We are all looking forward to seeing them and having their help.
I’ll try to update you again in a few days and let you know how my last chemo treatment went.Keep reading...
- 10/25/2018 - My Laparoscopic Prophylactic Oophorectomy because of BRCA1
- 9/25/2018 - 9 Years!
- 10/1/2016 - What it's Like to Be a Breast Cancer Survivor in October
- 9/21/16 - Breast Cancer Survivor 7 Year Cancerversary
- 9/14/2016 - Scanxiety: Tips to Deal with Cancer Anxiety
- 9/23/2015 – My Prophylactic Salpingectomy with Delayed Oophorectomy (PSDO) – Fallopian Tube Removal Option for BRCA Women to Decrease Ovarian Cancer Risk (with video)
- 3/25/2015 – BRCA Positive Breast Cancer Survivor Response to Angelina Jolie’s New York Times Article
- 10/10/2014 – It feels like the bottoms of my feet have been hit with a hammer
- 9/25/2014 – My 5 Year Cancerversary – 5 Year Breast Cancer Survivor
- 5/23/2013 – Breast Implants after Breast Cancer Mastectomy and Reconstruction, Expanders, See Scars YouTube Video
- 9/30/10 – My Cancerversary (1 Year after diagnosis) Video and Giveaway
- 7/1/10 – Breast Cancer Update – 6 Months Later (pic)
- 4/26/10 – Breast Cancer Reconstruction after Double Mastectomy (video)
- 4/7/10 – Breast Cancer Update April 2010 w/ pics
- 2/26/10 – Light at the End of the Tunnel w/ pics
- 2/15/10 – Breast Cancer Update (video) – Done with Chemo, Now What?
- 1/23/10 – Dallas Doctors
- 1/7/10 – Appointment with the Oncologist
- 12/31/09 Last Chemo and Video
- 12/30/09 – Getting Ready for Chemo #4
- 12/27/09 – Still Recovering from Chemo and Video
- 12/10/09 Chemo #3 and Video
- 12/1/09 – Sleep… Finally and Video
- 11/19/09 – Chemo #2 and Video
- 11/17/09 – Wigs and Makeup
- 11/10/09 – Video Update – My Breast Cancer Story – Diagnosis to Chemo
- 10/30/09 – The Beginning of Chemo
- 10/15/09 – Good News After Surgery
- 10/10/09 – Post Surgery