Quick and Easy Microwave Cleaning
Have you ever had something explode in the microwave? A bowl of soup? Pasta sauce? What a mess! I try to cover most of my food, but sometimes the paper towel comes off, or food sneaks through anyway. Using just water and vinegar, I’ll teach you how to clean your microwave. It’s easy and takes just 5 minutes.
Did you know you can easily clean your microwave with just vinegar and steam? It only takes 5 minutes and I was amazed at how great it worked. Yes, vinegar is amazing. In fact, there are more than 50 other uses for vinegar.
How to Clean Your Microwave Using Vinegar
What you will need:
- a small bowl
- 1- 2 cups of water
- 2 Tablespoons of vinegar (deals on vinegar)
- optional – a drop or two of essential oil to diminish the vinegar smell. I used lemon oil. (deals on essential oils)
- optional- toothpick
Directions on How to Clean Your Microwave:
****Caution – Please do this at your own risk. It worked fine for me, but everyone’s microwaves are different. Always keep an eye on the microwave and remember contents will be hot.
- First, microwave the water, vinegar, oil, and toothpick for 5 minutes. The toothpick is to keep the liquid from exploding. In certain containers, the liquid can get superheated and “explode”. Trust me, I know. It made a big boom the first time I tried this. Thankfully, the glass bowl and microwave were fine, but the noise was quite scary.
- Keep the microwave door shut for 5 more minutes allowing the steam to do its work.
- Then, carefully open the door and remove the bowl of hot liquid.
- Finally, using a sponge or cloth wipe the inside of the microwave. You will be amazed at how easily the food particles are removed.
Instead of using a bowl… Amazon sells these cute little angry mama kitchen gizmo microwave cleaners. You just add vinegar and water and microwave for 7 minutes. Then, steam comes out of the head to softens dirt and stains for easier cleaning. Conveniently, they are on sale for $12.89 though prices change often.
In addition, you can use a similar method to clean your sponge. Soak a sponge in the vinegar, water, and oil mixture and microwave the sponge for 2 minutes. This creates a small amount of steam and works well for simple cleanups and disinfecting your sponge.
Well, you could just buy a new microwave. Amazon has deals on microwaves here.
—– Check out more Amazon Deals here.
Prices at Amazon change often. Keep in mind, the prices listed are the current prices at the time the post was written. Check the price before you make your purchase.
Not an Amazon Prime member? You can get free shipping and Amazon Prime advantages if you get the Free 30 Day Trial of Amazon Prime here.