This is a health article about the benefits of drinking warm lemon water.
Why I Drink Warm Lemon Water Every Morning and the Benefits of Water with Lemon
I have read a lot of articles about the benefits of drinking warm lemon water. Here are some of the common ideas about the benefits of lemon water. Then, I’ll tell you why I drink warm lemon water every morning and the results I have personally witnessed.
- Immune System Boost – Lemons have vitamin C which is known for boosting your immune system.
- Lemons Contain Pectin Fiber – Great as an antibacterial and for colon health.
- Great Source of Potassium – Another of the many benefits of lemon water is that the potassium from lemons is good for the heart, kidneys, and other organs.
- Helps with Digestion – lemon juice is thought to loosen toxins in the digestive system and decrease symptoms of heartburn such as gas and bloating.
- Energy Boost – The scent of lemons has a calming effect and has been shown to reduce anxiety and depression.
- pH Balance – Lemons help maintain the pH levels in the body. Lemon water is alkaline-forming in the body. Kris Carr has a very informative post on pH 101: Acid-Alkaline Balance & Your Health.
- Pain reduction – Lemon water removes uric acid in the joints, which is one of the main causes of inflammation. Some claim lemon water helps ease the pain in joints and other areas of the body
- Healthy Substitute for Caffeinated Drinks. This is why many people drink warm lemon water. A benefit of lemon water is that it contains no caffeine or added sugar.
Why I Drink Warm Lemon Water Every Morning
As a cancer survivor who underwent a massive surgery, chemotherapy, and Neulasta shots, I have lots of lingering effects I keep trying to manage. I decided to try lemon water for myself and see what this craze and health recommendation was all about.
Each morning I heat an 8oz mug of filtered water in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. Then, I squeeze half a lemon into the cup and stir. It’s easier to get the juice out of a lemon if you microwave it for 15-30 seconds first. I use a citrus press like these to easily juice the lemon.
Why do I drink warm water with lemon?
- First, I enjoy warm drinks. They tend to relax me. This way, I’m having a warm drink without the added sugar and/or caffeine.
- Also, I need to drink more water. I don’t drink enough water during the day and I have to constantly remind myself to take some sips of water. Drinking lemon water in the morning is an easy way for me to get some water into my body.
- I love citrus! I love oranges and lemons and I actually love the taste of this drink.
- Lemon water definitely helps with my digestion. Sorry if this is too much information, but I tend to have some IBS and digestive issues. I already take Miralax every day, but it still doesn’t always make me regular. Since I’ve been drinking lemon water I have become more regular. Almost always, I go to the bathroom within about an hour after finishing this drink.
- In addition, I can use the extra vitamin C. I have a poor immune system and get sick often.
- I hope this will help with some of my joint pain and achiness, but I haven’t noticed any big changes yet.
If you are interested in healthy living, then check out other healthy living posts on Cha Ching Queen and some of these resources.
Do you drink warm lemon water? What health benefits have you noticed by drinking warm water with lemon?