Quinoa for Breakfast – Ham, Cheese, and Spinach Breakfast Quinoa Cups Recipe
I love quinoa. Since it has a lot of protein and most quinoa is gluten free, it’s a wonderful food. In addition, there are so many different ways you can use quinoa in recipes.
Therefore, I made a big batch of quinoa this morning to use in various recipes.
How to make a basic bowl of plain quinoa
Rinse the quinoa in a strainer. Boil 1 part quinoa with 2 parts water and then simmer for 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Now, for the fun part. Today, I’m going to share my quinoa for breakfast recipe. It has a lot protein and various substitutions and additions can be made to meet your dietary needs.
Ham, Cheese, and Spinach Breakfast Quinoa Cups Recipe
This recipe for breakfast quinoa cups is so easy. This is a one bowl recipe. You won’t get a lot of pots and pans dirty.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 big slice of cooked ham cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Either spray a muffin pan and/or use baking cups.
- Next, mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Fill each baking cup with the mixture. This should fill about 6 baking cups.
- Then, bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
- At the end, let it cool for about 5 minutes.