Easy Healthy Pesto with Protein Recipe -Spinach and Almonds
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure.
When we have pasta, sometimes it’s hard to make a sauce for just one person, especially if you want protein with it. I came up with a pesto recipe that has added almonds for protein. This pesto recipe is very easy and can be stored in your fridge for a few days.
Table of Contents
Healthy Pesto with Protein Recipe – Made with Spinach and Almonds
Updated from a few years ago and still a great, easy pesto recipe.
Is Pesto Healthy?
Yes, pesto is healthy for you since it has a bunch of antioxidants like vitamin A and vitamin C and has good fats since it’s made with pine nuts and olive oil.
The Easy Pesto Recipe
In a food processor or blender mix water, spinach, olive oil, and almonds. I started with the spinach and water first. Then I added some olive oil and a handful of almonds. You’ll want to add enough of the ingredients to make a paste. I included about a half a bag of spinach leaves. After everything is mixed up you can add salt, pepper, and lime juice to taste.
Healthy Protein Pesto with Spinach and Almonds
- 1 cutting board
- 1 Food Processor
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 3 Cups Fresh Spinach Leaves
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic 1 T Jarlic will work also
- ⅓ Cup Almonds
- Water amount will vary based on your likes
- Salt and Pepper
- Wash and dry Spinach
- Add Spinach, Olive Oil, Almonds and Garlic to Food Processor.
- Blend adding water until the Pesto reaches the consistency you like
- season to taste with salt and pepper
More Easy Pesto Recipes
- This is a Quick and Easy Nut-Free Pesto Sauce from Fearless Dining.
- Try this Mix and match pesto, customize to your own taste from The Decorated Cookie.
Rachel is an Austin blogger, educator, mom, wife, young breast cancer survivor writing about health, saving money, and living a happy life in Austin, Texas.
Rachel has written for HuffPost and Hometalk and has been featured on KXAN, Studio 512, Fox 7 Austin, and CBS Austin.