This is a collaborative beauty post by Ellie Jo.
You have probably heard of laser hair removal by now. This new permanent hair removal method is all the rage among celebrities and beauty gurus who are sick of having to wax and shave. Laser hair removal uses special, safe laser treatment to damage the follicles in your legs, underarms and/or bikini area, stopping further growth from taking place. This is a simple, permanent, irreversible procedure which prevents you from ever having to get a wax, shave your legs or worry about that woolly winter growth ever again.
Here are the definitive pros and cons of laser hair removal!
- The permanence of the procedure. As we already mentioned, laser hair removal is permanent. So although it is a little pricey and takes a while to complete, it’s a once-in-a-lifetime deal!
- Laser hair removal is less painful than waxing. Laser hair removal sounds painful, right? Well, it isn’t. At least, it’s nothing compared to that ripping feeling that waxing gives you. Laser hair removal has been compared to tiny pin pricks, at its absolute worst. You can relax, in the knowledge you aren’t entering the spa for a session of pure pain.
- Your skin will be baby smooth. Unlike waxing and shaving, you will never have to endure stubble ever again. Get that fresh-wax feeling every single day of your life. It’s pretty unbeatable.
- Other health benefits. Laser hair removal has also been said to help prevent ingrown hair – so say goodbye to this irritating aspect of shaving!
- Long term financial savings. Although laser hair removal can be initially expensive – around $285 per session – you will save money in the long term. If you add up the amount of money you have spent on razors, shave gel, wax kits and professional waxing, you will probably be staggered by how much you could save with laser hair removal.
- You can’t change your mind. Body hair is a la mode right now, and with laser hair removal, you can’t embrace your natural hair growth ever again. Just like a tattoo, you’ve got to be one hundred percent sure you won’t want to see your body hair again.
- Multiple sessions. If you decide on laser hair removal, you will have to attend multiple sessions before it’s totally complete. Although the sessions are fast, you will need between four and six sessions before you can complete your laser hair removal. That’s a big commitment.
- The initial expense. Although you will save money in the long term,you will need over one thousand dollars to complete your laser removal treatment. This requires forward planning and savings if you are going to take the plunge and get laser hair removal.
Overall, the pros of laser hair removal sessions outweigh the cons. It’s always worth considering both sides – but at the end of the day, if you are sick of waxing and want baby smooth legs for life, laser hair removal is for you.
If you aren’t ready for laser hair removal, check out these tips on waxing at home.