Here is a summary of the jobs and resources I have posted about making money.
These are great ways for stay at home moms to make some extra money while the kids nap. These are also good ways to bring in some extra income whether you are a student, parent, or just looking for supplemental income.
Make Money in the Hot Shot Trucking Business
Other Ways to Make Money
Cash Back on Online Purchases
Get a % back in cash/check when you make online purchases. If you are going to be doing some shopping anyway, do it online and get some cash back. There are tons for stores like Ebay, Old
Navy, Target, Best Buy…. and many other stores.
On Ebates, if you go through their site to get to many online stores you get some cash back on your purchases. They either send you a check or just put money in your paypal account. It is that easy! If you plan on doing shopping anyway, this is a good deal. There are lots of stores (Overstock, Best Buy, Gap, Apple Store, HP, buy.com, …) They have a huge list.
It’s totally free. It looks like they make money from these sites advertising on their site.
They provide links to the stores and when you buy
stuff from the links you get a certain percentage
back. I think you can still use your own coupons when
you go to check out at the online store from whatever
site you go to.
You can also get cash when your friends buy stuff as
well. On Ebates
you only get a flat $5 when someone you refer buys
something for the first time. But, Ebates gives you
higher percentages back and you get $5 for yourself
when you sign up.
Surveys and Focus Groups
You can also answer surveys and join focus groups. Here are the ones which I have had success. Focus Forward is the best paying. I made $200 for a couple of hours once, and then we also got $75 for participating in a message board online for a few days.
Your 2 Cents
Mylot – It is like Myspace, but you get paid! You have friends, discussions, and your own profile. You get paid to write your own discussions or answer/respond to others. You also get paid just for posting your own pictures. Although it may seem like not very much at first, those pennies really do add up. This is a really easy way to get some extra money. It’s also a fun place to go to make friends and help others.
Sell Your Photos, Video, Artwork
Like to take pictures? Do you have some nice photographs? You could possibly make some money off of them.
There are many sites where you can upload your photos and start making money.
Here are a few: (I got this list from Site Point by J. Catone )
- BigStockPhoto – 50 cents to $3.00/image . I recently signed up and have 22 pictures on their site. Someone bought the first one yesterday. I got 50cents for the one photo and more people could end up downloading it as well. I don’t think there is a limit to how many times it can be downloaded or sold.
- iStockPhoto –
20-40% for photos from $1 to $20 (for photos) – more if you offer them an exclusive on your work. Also sells videos, illustrations, flash, and audio. 3.5 million + photos.
- Dreamstime – $ .35 to $8.40/image – more for exclusives.
- Shutterstock – 25 cents per downloaded image. Refer friends and earn 3 cents/image sold by photographers you refered. Illustrations and video too.
- 123 Royalty Free – 50% and 36 cents/imaged downloaded. Refer friends and get 10% per photo sold for referred photographers.
- CanStockPhoto – 50% and 25 cents/image download.
- Fotolia – 33% and 64% of $1 – $3/image.
- Shutterpoint – 70% or 85% .
- Photo Stock Plus – 85% but takes a 3.25% processing fee. You set your own pricing.
- CreStock – 30% for $5 to $15/image.
- SnapVillage – 30% for $1 to $50/image.
- Nature Photo Index – Not just nature photos and you get 99% back.
- Citizenside – News/media images. Get up to 75%
Just Answer – If you have a degree, are an expert in a particular field, or just are good at researching topics you can make some money answering people’s questions. I recently started doing this. You have to first answer a few questions in a particular topic to be an expert in that category. There seem to be a lot of different types of questions being asked.
Be a ChaCha Guide or Expiditor
My checks (proof that I’m making money on these sites):
Focus Forward $75