I posted this a while ago, but I wanted to re-post it because it was so much fun.
How to make ice cream at home without an ice cream maker
Today at playgroup we made ice cream. I wasn’t sure how it would turn out, but it was really easy and actually pretty good.
How to Make Ice Cream – Super Easy
Here’s all you need to make ice cream without an ice cream machine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup milk or half & half
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons rock salt
- 1 pint-size plastic food storage bag (e.g., Ziploc)
- 1 gallon-size plastic food storage bag
- Ice cubes
What to do:
- Fill the large bag half full of ice, and add the rock salt. Seal the bag.
- Put milk, vanilla, and sugar into the small bag, and seal it.
- Place the small bag inside the large one, and seal it again carefully.
- Shake until the mixture is ice cream, which takes about 5 minutes.
- Wipe off the top of the small bag, then open it carefully. Enjoy!
Tip found on Kaboose. For more info and tips on making homemade ice cream in a bag click here.
Here’s a pic after it melted some.