Since I was making stew the other night I wanted to make some cornbread to go along with it. I looked through a few different cornbread recipe and came up with my own version based on the recipe reviews. With this quick cornbread recipe, you will have moist and sweet cornbread with hardly any prep time.
Delicious Quick Cornbread Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 large egg
- a cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- To begin, preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Then, grease a 9×9 or 8×8 pan with cooking spray
- In a big bowl whisk the butter, egg, and milk together.
- Next, add the cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder to the bowl and mix well. There will still be a few lumps.
- Pour the cornbread batter into the greased pan and spread evenly.
- Then, bake for 20 minutes or until the top is lightly brown. Make sure the cornbread is done by using the toothpick test. Dip a toothpick in the center of the bread and remove. If it comes out clean, your bread is done.
Finally, serve the cornbread warm. Cornbread taste even better with a little honey drizzled on your slice. My husband prefers to eat it as it, but I love the added honey. Maybe this is a southern thing?