This is a collaborative post about home remodeling and decoration by Ellie Jo.
Did you know that you can update your kitchen without renovating it? Most people believe that they have to pay out for a full kitchen remodel just to make it look different, but they really don’t have to!
We all have a vision of what we want our dream kitchen to look like, but it doesn’t always take ripping it out and a team of people to get it looking great. So, with that in mind, we’ve got some ways that you can remodel your kitchen without the pressure of an entire renovation.
Easy Ways to Update Your Kitchen
- The very first thing that you can do to instantly change your kitchen up is to look at switching out your hardware. We’re talking about the cupboard handles and doorknobs in the kitchen, and you can choose a more modern material and shape to make your kitchen look very different.
- Next, you could paint the cabinets. It can be expensive to replace them all, so if you have pine cabinets and you want a better look, why not get some black wood paint and change it all up? All it takes is some elbow grease and you can transform the space quite dramatically. Paint may seem like a cheap way to change things, but it’s the best way to do it without making too much of a mess!
- Open shelves can completely change your kitchen. You can have beautiful dishes on display, and you can even show off your plants and cookbooks. The brackets can be decorative, and you can make them match the hardware in the room, too.
- You can save money on marble countertops by adding vinyl replicas instead. Covering the countertops work just as well as anything else, and all of this is so smart! You can ensure that the cabinets are beautiful with a change of countertops.
- Adding under-cabinet lighting is a great way to ensure that you give your kitchen some drama and light up your way when you’re cooking, too. Lighting under the cabinets creates an exciting and ambient atmosphere, too. Choose soft colors and you’ll give your kitchen an edge.
- Buying some new appliances can really change the way that your kitchen looks. Sure you can buy in parts to fix your dishwasher, but why do that when integrated appliances can offer an instant upgrade? All those plugs and wires can be built into the walls and hidden out of the way. It can make the entire kitchen feel newer straight away.
- As with the cabinets, painting can make a huge difference. The walls can look amazing with a brighter, lighter color in the kitchen and you can enjoy a better look with a cheap lick of paint. If you want to make a statement, choose a statement color for one all and keep the rest as a lighter color option.
If you want to go one step further, look at adding in smart options to make your kitchen run on Wi-Fi. Think talking refrigerators and the thermostat being controlled from the palm of your hand. You can have a different kitchen entirely with these steps!