One of the ways to celebrate Mother’s Day is by giving Mother’s Day cards. Mother’s Day is a holiday celebrated every year to honor and praise mothers all over the world.
While the date for the celebration differs from country to country, the truth is that Mother’s Day cards provide a fantastic way to celebrate mothers. But what should you write on a Mother’s Day card? We share some ideas.
Table of Contents
Things to Write on Mother’s Day Cards
You can say or write many things as a message to your mother on Mother’s Day. As with most greetings and celebrations, there are no wrong answers as long as it comes from you.
Another aspect of writing befitting messages in a Mother’s Day card is writing the card from your perspective. This adds a new angle to the whole thing and makes it easier to create creative messages.
Go with the easy and inspirational messages when you doubt what to write or say in the Mother’s Day card. Let them know that you appreciate and love them for their roles in your life. You can add a little joke and well wishes in there.
Appreciative Messages on Mother’s Day Cards
One of the themes you can use to craft your Mother’s Day message is appreciation. Knowing the importance of a mother’s role and appreciating them for these roles can form the core of your message. For instance;
- Happy Mother’s Day, mom. Thanks for always being there whenever I need you.
- Happy celebrations! Words cannot describe how important you are to me and how lucky I am to be your child.
- I am so happy that you are my mom, out of all the moms in the world. If I could, I would choose you all over again.
- Happy Mother’s Day. Thanks for being a friend, confidant, and mother
- Happy Mother’s Day, mama. Now that I am older, I feel nothing but admiration, appreciation, and gratitude to you for raising me as you did. I can only hope to be such a great mother like you.
- We can never thank you enough for all the sacrifices you have made for us. Thank you for being such a fantastic mom!
- You make sacrifices that no one else can understand or appreciate – thank you!
- Thank you for all of your priceless advice and unconditional love throughout the years.
- Happy Mother’s Day, Mom! I’m so grateful for everything you’ve done for me. From being a shoulder to cry on when things got tough to help me solve problems and make decisions, you’ve been there for me every step of the way.
- Thanks for always being there to listen and guide me towards the right path. I am truly blessed to have you in my life.
- No matter what, thank you for being the best mom and friend I could ever want. Happy Mother’s Day!
The important thing is to ensure that the message expresses how much your mother means to you and how special she is in your life. That way, it will be a message filled with love, warmth, and appreciation for everything she
Praising Messages on Mother’s Day Cards
These messages help you heap the deserved praises on your mother and those that play similar roles in your life. Some of these messages could be;
- Happy Mother’s Day! One look at our family, and one will understand your importance in our lives. You made that happen, and I am grateful to have you.
- Mom, you have made us a home we miss whenever we go out. You have been the glue that holds the family together; we are lucky to have you.
- Over the years, you have been a mother, a therapist, a teacher, and, overall, my best friend. I could not ask for more in a friend. Happy Mother’s Day, mommy.
- As you celebrate today, you remember that I am the success I am only because of your love, efforts, and sacrifices. I love you, mom.
- Happy Mother’s Day. The best gift I will ever have are you, my kind and loving mother.
- Happy Mother’s Day! Mom, if I had the chance to choose a mom again, it would still be you.
- You are an amazing mom! Happy Mother’s Day! Thank you for all the love, care, and understanding you have given me throughout my life. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day! Your hard work, dedication, and unconditional love have molded us into the people we are today.
- Without your constant support and guidance, I wouldn’t be who I am today – Love ya Mom!
Funny Things To Write On A Mother’s Day Card
Why not make mom laugh? Here are some funny ideas to write on Mother’s Day Cards.
- I know I don’t say it enough, but thanks for putting up with my nonsense!
- Happy Mother’s Day to the woman who taught me all that is great in life: wine & pizza.
- Thanks for teaching me how to make decisions even though most of mine were wrong
- Thanks for never giving up on me…except during those teenage years. Love ya Momma!
- Thank you for reminding me that some things in life require more effort than just pushing buttons on remote control.
- Being your kid was the hardest job ever, but also the best learning experience of all time – thank you so much!
- Mom, thanks for teaching me the importance of not procrastinating – until tomorrow.
- I may not have turned out exactly as you wanted, but at least I’m still better than my brother!
- -Thanks for always being there to give great life advice… even if it was never taken.
- -Happy Mother’s Day to the world’s greatest mom and her (not so) little angel.
Buy a card
When you are ready to buy a card for your mom, consider a site like Boomf instead of getting a generic card at the store. You can personalize the card so your mom knows how much you appreciate her.
Happy Mother’s Day
Finally, the most ideal and befitting messages that work for Mother’s Day cards effectively convey how you feel about your mom.
Erin is the mother of identical twin girls and their slightly older brother. She is a domestic engineer, and previously had a career leading customer service teams for a major HVAC company. Cleaning without harsh chemicals, and cooking easy and usually healthy meals are part of Erin's daily life. She volunteers with youth leaders, and genuinely wants to help others win. Erin has a degree in Communications, with a focus on Broadcast Journalism.