How Do I Find Great Coupons?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure.
I often get asked, “How do I find coupons?” or “Where do you get all of your coupons?” Are you wondering that too? Do you want to know where these bloggers or extreme couponers find all of those coupons?
You can already know how hard it is to find great coupons whether you are skilled at saving money or are thinking of starting your budgeting journey. When I began couponing, I encountered a lot of policies that varied depending on the store.
So, to understand whether I was getting a good deal, I started with some research that helped me save a lot. I’ll tell you my secret and show you where you can find coupon codes, printable coupons, store coupons, product coupons, and more.
f you have ever shopped on Amazon, you can attest that it’s a little trickier when looking for coupon codes. Even though amazon often has amazing deals of up to ninety percent off, chances are it will direct you to other areas with lesser deals. But not to worry, as you can manipulate the web links to Amazon in a way that you get access to great bargains.
For one, there are excellent shopping tools to help you find the best deals on Amazon. Most couponers search for deals with great discounts using DontPayFull.com. Now, you must know what you want to buy, the price you hope to find, and the rating, brands, and reviews.
Where to Find Coupons
If you are looking for printable coupons, then let’s first narrow down what type of printable coupon you are seeking.
For finding coupons on products you buy at the grocery store or drug store, you have a couple of options.
- Printable coupon sites can have hundreds of coupons available. These vary each month and many have print limits. You need to have your own computer printer in order to get these. Here are a few helpful places to find printable manufacturer’s coupons.
- Look for coupons before you go shopping. Use the Coupon Database here.
- Here are manufacturer’s printable coupons available for use at various grocery stores and drug stores.
- Many stores offer store-specific coupons. Some of these coupons are the same ones you will find from coupons.com and other sites like that.
- The Best Chuck E Cheese Coupons and Free Tokens & Tickets
- The Best Dicks Sporting Goods Coupons – In Store And Online Codes
- The Latest JCPenney Coupons & Discounts
- Best Kohl’s Coupons – In-Store and Online Codes
- coupons for Walmart
- HEB coupons – Now it’s even easier to use H-E-B coupons. You select the coupons you want to use through the app and then type in your phone number and pin at checkout. See all of the live coupons at H-E-B.
- coupons for Whole Foods
- Go to the company’s website and see if they have any offers on their site.
- Use Google. In the search box below enter “printable coupon” product/store name. See what comes up. You may want to refine your search to only look for content over the last few months.
How to Find Printable Coupons for Retail Stores and Restaurants.
You can use the same Google method above. Like above, in the search box enter “printable coupon” store name. Narrow down the search by limiting the time frame or just look through images.
Do you want to make money online simply by searching, shopping, surveys, or playing games?
- Account creation is free
- Big bonus on sign up
- Many ways to earn free money
- Mobile-friendly rewards site and apps
- Simple to complete tasks
- $10 to sign up
- Not exactly passive income
- Redeeming SB points sometimes takes awhile
- It isn't easy to qualify for all surveys
- Customer service isn't the greatest (or fastest)
Be sure to subscribe to the email of your favorite stores and restaurants. Many companies often send out coupons throughout the year and during special events such as birthdays.
Find Already Printed Coupons
Find Coupons in The Newspaper
The newspaper often has coupons, especially on Sundays. In the paper, find both product and store coupons. In addition, check out the frequently updated interactive coupon database.
If you enjoy your magazines, you are lucky as it’s also an excellent place to find coupons. Unlike newspaper inserts with a shorter expiry period, magazines tend to be seasonal and longer, meaning you can enjoy great discounts on your own time.
Search thousands of printable coupons, newspaper coupon inserts, magazine coupons, rebates, and more. For discounts on newspapers, Amazon sells discounted newspaper subscriptions. Also, check with libraries, hotels, and coffee shops to see if you can have coupon inserts from their newspapers.
Coupons for New Residents
When you move to a new city or even a new home, many companies will give you coupons. You can usually get a coupon packet when you submit a change of address at the post office.
When I moved to Austin, I wished I had had this guide of Things You Should Know When Moving to Austin, TX.
Ask For Coupons
I have gotten coupons by just asking the company who makes the product. Read the post, How to Ask for Coupons for more details.
Stores will often have coupons hanging near the product. Before I pick an item off the shelf I check to see if there is a coupon hanging nearby for the item.
How to Find Coupon Codes
Just like printable coupons, be sure to subscribe to emails from your favorite stores.
Again, search Google. Be sure to narrow down your searches to a current time frame.
Search sites such as this: Don’t Pay Full, Coupon Database, RetailMeNot, and CouponX.
Amazon is a little bit trickier in terms of finding coupon codes. Read How to Get Amazon Coupons, Discounts, Deals, and Free Stuff here.
Don’t Forget About Mobile Coupons!
Get these coupons right on your mobile phone or tablet. Programs and apps let you download coupons on phone. Check out the
eCoupons can be loaded right to your store loyalty cards. Check out the website of a favorite grocery store to see if they have electronic coupons. H-E-B has digital coupons you can redeem in-store. Select the coupons either from the H-E-B website or the H-E-B app.
If you can’t find coupons, then at least try shopping through a cash back site like Ebates. You get a percent back on your purchases and they list some coupons on their site as well.
You are on your way…
Now that you know where to get your coupons you are on the road to saving lots of money. But, be careful! Make sure not to end up spending more money just because you think you are getting a deal. Next, be sure to read, How to not spend more money when you are trying to save money.
Rachel is an Austin blogger, educator, mom, wife, young breast cancer survivor writing about health, saving money, and living a happy life in Austin, Texas.
Rachel has written for HuffPost and Hometalk and has been featured on KXAN, Studio 512, Fox 7 Austin, and CBS Austin.