Do you want to learn how to create origami? It can be enjoyable and a fantastic way to unwind. Origami is also a fun kid’s activity to unleash their creativity.
This blog post will walk you through making origami in several steps if you’re a beginner. We will go through the fundamentals of paper folding and offer advice to make your origami creations look more professional. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Choose The Right Origami Paper
If you were wondering if you could find a step-by-step origami guide, you have come to the right place. The first step is to choose the right origami paper. If you are a beginner, we recommend using square origami paper.
You can find origami paper at your local craft store or online. Once you have your origami paper, it’s time to start folding! Buy Origami paper on Amazon.
Choose The Shape You Want To Fold.
After selecting your origami paper, let’s try creating some basic shapes! For a beginner, we recommend starting with a heart or a flower. Below we have given a step-by-step to make your simple origami heart and flower.
How To Make An Origami Heart?
You can make an origami heart in a few different ways. Follow the origami step by step. Below is the most common way.
- Start with a square sheet of paper, fold it in half, and then fold it in half again.
- Once you have a rectangle, you can fold the top two corners to meet in the middle and then fold the whole thing in half. It will give you a triangle.
- Then, you can fold the bottom point up to meet the top, or you can fold the side points to make a smaller triangle, and voila!
- You now have your origami heart, and you can decorate it however you like!
No matter which method you choose, origami hearts are a fun way to show someone you care. They can be given as gifts, used as decorations, or even kept as a reminder of your love. So go ahead and try it – you might be surprised at how easy they are to make!
How To Make An Origami Flower?
Origami flowers are beautiful, delicate creations you can make with just a few simple folds. While there are many different ways to create an origami flower, the steps below will show you how to make a traditional origami lily.
- Start folding a square piece of paper diagonally in half to create a triangle.
- Then, fold the triangle in half again to create a smaller triangle.
- Next, take the top corner of the triangle and fold it down to the bottom, creating a small triangle shape.
- Repeat this step with the other side of the triangle, so you have two small triangles.
- Now, get one of the small triangles and fold it in half again, creasing it well.
- Unfold the triangle and then fold the other side in half so both sides will tuck.
- Next, take the top corner of the triangle and fold it down to the bottom corner again, but this time do not unfold it.
- Repeat these steps with the other small triangle. Now you should have two small triangles folded in half with a crease running down the middle.
- To finish creating the Origami flower, take one of the small triangles and fold it in half so that the crease is on the inside.
- Repeat with the other small triangle.
- Finally, open up the flowers and gently cup them in your hand to give them their shape.
And there you have it! You can make a beautiful Origami Lily with just a few simple folds. Try experimenting with different types of paper to create different colors and textures for your flower. Have fun!
Creating origami is a fun activity. You can learn to make origami in different steps by following these steps. With a bit of practice, you’ll be able to make your origami in no time! Thanks for reading, and good luck!
As parents of 3 little kids, Force of Nature is our go-to all purpose cleaner. It's nontoxic but is EPA approved for use against Covid-19.
We love vinegar, but we use Force of Nature every day.
Erin is the mother of identical twin girls and their slightly older brother. She is a domestic engineer, and previously had a career leading customer service teams for a major HVAC company. Cleaning without harsh chemicals, and cooking easy and usually healthy meals are part of Erin's daily life. She volunteers with youth leaders, and genuinely wants to help others win. Erin has a degree in Communications, with a focus on Broadcast Journalism.