How To Know Which Flower Bouquet To Give
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure.
You don’t need to wait for weddings, funerals, and anniversaries to buy bouquets. We all need a little brightness in our lives during these trying times.
Appropriate flowers for thank-you gifts or an apology can make a massive difference to friends or family members.
So when is it a good idea to buy a bouquet, and what size should it be? Why not send a card instead? We’ll answer your questions and give you some stunning ideas that’ll blow your mind.
Table of Contents
When Are Flower Bouquets an Appropriate Gift?
The reason most people hesitate to give flowers is that they’re worried it may be considered inappropriate. Let’s look at a few occasions that call for flowers and how you can make the bouquet memorable.
The best thank-you gift is a thoughtful bunch of flowers. Bouquets are an appropriate thank you gift for any occasion. Although you can use any flowers to say thank you, we’ve listed a few yellow and purple options representing gratitude.
- Sweet Peas commonly signify thank you for a great time.
- Hydrangeas mean thank you for understanding or being supportive.
- Yellow or peach roses also symbolize gratitude and friendship.
- Any flowers the recipient likes or adds color make great thank-you baskets.
The most beautiful thing about thank you and friendship blooms is that you can have fun with them. You can be daring with these bouquets if you know the person very well.
Use a small basket or ceramic pot the recipient can repurpose to arrange the flowers. You can use some of the blooms listed above or just do your own thing to keep it bright and cheerful.
Incorporate a small present into the arrangement. Anything will do the trick, from a keyring to a slab of chocolate.
Love and Friendship
You can have fun with friendship flowers and let your imagination run wild. You can use any type of colorful flowers for friendship, but here are a few symbolic ones and their meanings.
- Yellow or pink roses indicate friendship; you can add red roses if you’re hoping for something more.
- Sunflowers indicate joy and happiness, brightening any space.
- Blue tulips signify loyalty and a lasting bond.
- The daisy has many meanings, including new beginnings and true love. At night, the outer petals close over the central floret, protecting it. In daylight, the petals open again.
You can shape the bouquet into a teddy bear or even have him holding the flowers to add some fun to the bouquet. Use color and symbolism to make your message clear and present the bouquet personally.
You’ve eaten dehydrated fruit, and it’s still real fruit. Earth Breeze Laundry Sheets are along the same lines. They’re actual laundry detergent but made in eco-friendly sheets. They’re just dehydrated laundry sheets that come in cardboard envelopes.
You can personalize the container for friendship flowers, using anything from a boot to a drinking glass, watering can, or glass bottle. Painting the message on the holder instead of using a card makes it more personal.
We all need to apologize for a thoughtless act occasionally, and what better way to do it than with flowers? Traditionally, roses or lilies work best for an apology to a wife or girlfriend. If you’d prefer to try something different, you have many choices with varying meanings.
- White tulips denote new beginnings, and yellow or pinks show class and elegance.
- Blue hyacinths indicate peace and happiness.
- The yellow daffodil symbolizes chivalry.
- White orchids signify strength, but the expense also shows that you care deeply.
The elegance and class of the apology bouquet should reflect the sincerity of the apology. Deliver the flowers in a classical vase and add chocolates or a fluffy toy with your personalized apology.
Avoid using standard florists’ notes and write your own.
There are as many combinations of flowers to convey congratulations as there are reasons to congratulate people. Celebratory blossoms are cheerful and fun bouquet that gives you chances to display your creativity.
We’ve listed a few flowers to consider adding to this cheerful mix.
- Pink tulips indicate happiness and confidence, and yellow ones symbolize cheerfulness.
- Irises show faith and admiration.
- Orange roses denote enthusiasm and passion.
- Heather means good luck, protection, and admiration.
Because congratulations bouquets need to be happy and fun, a colorful display in a unique holder works well. You can add balloons, but sometimes the recipients may prefer valuable items added in a random-seeming and fun way.
You can add small items like baby slippers or a dummy to a congratulations bouquet for new parents. Other examples are a smart pen or a bottle of champagne for a recent college graduate.
Choose a flower holder appropriate to the occasion that the recipient can repurpose.
Usually, white flowers with some greenery are the most appropriate for sympathy and condolences. White signifies purity, peace, and love and also honors the departed. You can use more colorful bouquets if you feel the person would appreciate it.
- White lilies signify renewal and growth.
- White roses represent purity and innocence. Peach roses show sincerity and gratitude, so you can use these for somebody who’s made a difference in your life.
- Carnations symbolize love and also honor mothers.
- A purple hyacinth shows sorrow and regrets making it appropriate for condolences.
- Forget-Me-Nots. The symbolism for this flower is clear.
- Red poppies grew on France’s battlefields after WW1, and veterans have used them as a token of remembrance.
Sympathy or condolence flowers aren’t funeral flowers, so send them directly to the family and keep the bouquet small. Use fresh-cut flowers for the fragrance and make up a predominantly white bouquet with hyacinth, poppies, or forget-me-nots adding color.
You can also use peach roses or carnations for extra tones. Keep this one simple with subtle colors.
People have given flowers to convey messages since ancient times. Sweden’s King Charles II popularized the idea in modern times. Using flowers to convey a message of happiness, condolence, or love is a beautiful way to express emotions that we sometimes struggle to put into words.
Find an excuse for sending a bouquet today and brighten somebody’s life and home. Why not send Easter bouquets to friends? Be creative and have fun choosing the flowers, holders, and accessories.
Next Up From ChaChingQueen
Erin is the mother of identical twin girls and their slightly older brother. She is a domestic engineer, and previously had a career leading customer service teams for a major HVAC company. Cleaning without harsh chemicals, and cooking easy and usually healthy meals are part of Erin's daily life. She volunteers with youth leaders, and genuinely wants to help others win. Erin has a degree in Communications, with a focus on Broadcast Journalism.