Weeknight Dinner Easy Meal – Sprite Chicken Recipe for the Slow CookerJump to Recipe
I’m always looking for an easy crockpot dinner recipe. We end up using a slow cooker or instant pot a lot since it’s an easy way to make meals and have them all ready when you get home. To save time, I came up with this Sprite Chicken recipe for the crockpot that is easy to make and the kids love it. When we are ready to eat, the chicken comes out super tender and moist.
Easy Sprite Chicken
- 1 Crock Pot or Pressure Cooker
- 1 Measuring Cup
- 1 Measuring Spoons
- 4-6 Thawed Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- Pat Chicken Breast Dry
- Sprinkle Chicken with salt
- Rub Both Sides of the Chicken Breasts with Brown Sugar
- Place Chicken in a single layer in your Crock Pot or Pressure Cooker
- Add Sprite to the sides of the chicken. Try to avoid pouring over the top to keep the rub intact
- In Crock Pot- Cook on low for 4-5 HoursIn Pressure Cooker- Cook under pressure for 12 minutes- release pressure before opening.
- Serve whole breasts over rice or Shred using forks and top with BBQ sauce and serve on buns.
Around 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
2 cans of Sprite
Directions for the Sprite chicken recipe:
If chicken is frozen, then defrost first. Then, rub brown sugar and Kosher salt on both sides of the chicken breasts. Place in a single layer (if possible) inside your slow cooker. Then, pour 2 cans of Sprite into the crock pot along the sides of the pot so that the rub will not be washed away. Cook on low for 4 – 5 hours.
After the chicken is cooked, you have various ways to serve it. You can serve the breasts as is, on top of rice. Another option is to shred the chicken breasts using 2 forks and cover with barbeque sauce. I love putting the shredded barbeque chicken in a bun. Yummy!
Watch this video of a similar Sprite Chicken Recipe
If you love to cook with Sprite, be sure to check out my Last Minute Sprite Bread recipe. This bread is delicious and so easy to make.