I call this a Last Minute Sprite Bread Recipe, because it truly was made last minute. Late in the afternoon, I was trying to decide what to make for dinner to go along with our leftover corn beef. I looked up some recipes for bread.
I came up with this easy recipe by combining a few different beer bread recipes and doing some improvising.
If you want a tasty self-rising flour bread recipe without beer, then this is a great recipe for you and your family to try. It’s an absolutely delicious bread.
What Is Sprite Bread?
Sprite Bread is basically a beer bread recipe that is using sprite instead of beer. It’s ingredients are simple. To make the homemade bread you just need self rising flower, melted butter, yeast, and sprite. This is an alternative to a 123 bread.
This Recipe Is Simple
You won’t need a bread machine, eggs, baking powder, salt, or beer for this delicious bread recipe.
Also because there is sugar and in sprite, you won’t need granulated sugar, honey, or brown sugar like you would in other recipes for homemade bread.
Well you don’t need sprite. You can switch it out for another white soda. We just happened to have sprite when we came up with this soda bread recipe. As an alternative you can bake a 7-up bread loaf.
Quick, Easy Bread Recipe: Last Minute Sprite Bread Recipe
Important note: When making bread it is important to sift the flour. This helps the bread come out light and bread-like. If you do not sift, your bread can come out hard and brick-like.
This bread recipe is so easy and is made from ingredients you most likely already have at home. To get started with this easy, Sprite bread recipe, get your self-rising flour , butter, yeast, and Sprite together. Then follow the directions below to make a last minute bread that only takes about 55 minutes total to make and bake.
Prep time is only 10 minutes for this simple recipe.
Last Minute Sprite Bread Recipe
- Bread Pan
- Measuring Spoons and Cups
- mixing bowl
- Cooling Rack
- 3 cups of self-rising flour sifted
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon dry active yeast
- 1 can Sprite
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Mix all of the ingredients (reserving a few teaspoons of butter) either in the greased loaf pan or a separate bowl. Do not over mix. The dough should not have any dry ingredients visible.
- If you mixed your ingredients in the bowl, transfer to the dough to the loaf pan.
- Pour the remaining butter on top of the dough.
- Bake for around 45 minutes or until fully baked inside. Use the toothpick test. If an inserted toothpick comes out dry, the bread should be done.
- Remove the bread from the loaf pan.
- Let sit for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
It’s that easy! The bread came out super moist with a nice hearty crust on the outside. I’m snacking on the fresh, warm bread as I write this.
Next: If you like Sprite, you’ll love this Easy Sprite Chicken Recipe for the Crockpot.
Rachel is an Austin blogger, educator, mom, wife, young breast cancer survivor writing about health, saving money, and living a happy life in Austin, Texas.
Rachel has written for HuffPost and Hometalk and has been featured on KXAN, Studio 512, Fox 7 Austin, and CBS Austin.