How to make the Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. Soft and Fluffy
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure.
My mission: create a recipe for the Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies that are soft and fluffy. Here is a recipe for the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies and tips on baking soft and chewy cookies.
How to Make Perfect Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Have you ever wondered how the mall cookies can be so soft and chewy without being flat? I’ve been trying to perfect my Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe for years. I’ve been on the mission to create the best soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies.
I used to have problems with my cookies coming out flat. They would look great in the oven, but once I took them out and they cooled down they get flattened. It was frustrating. I also love soft and chewy cookies. I would find the cookies would be soft out of the oven but harden soon after. My goal was to make perfect chocolate chip cookies.
Here are some tips to make chewy chocolate chip cookies. At the end, I’ll include my recipe for what I think are the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies I have made so far.
5 Tips to Make Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
1. Use egg whites for chewy cookies. If a recipe calls for one egg, use 2 egg whites.2. Always put cookie dough on a cold or room temperate baking sheet.
2. If you are baking multiple batches, then run cold water over the baking sheets before placing more dough on it. This will help you make soft and chewy cookies.
3. Use cold dough if you want chewy cookies. Refrigerate dough overnight or at least for a few hours.
4. Bake at a lower temperature for a longer amount of time for soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies.
5. My secret (shhhh….) – pudding mix. Yes, use a box of pudding mix in your cookies. Read my recipe below for details.
Cha Ching Queen’s Recipe for the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies That Are Soft and Chewy
All the good you can eat! Crush your fruit + veg goals with high-quality, low-maintenance, really good food—built on organic ingredients.
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups of all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter- melted
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups milk chocolate chips
Preheat: 350 degrees
1. First, in a small bowl, sift flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
2. Next, in a large mixing bowl, beat butter, both sugars, and vanilla extract until creamy.
3. Add instant pudding mix and beat until well blended.
4. Then, add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla
5. Slowly, a little at a time, blend in the flour mixture.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips.
7. Bake for 8 minutes on parchment paper or a reusable cookie sheet liner like this. The edges should be a golden brown, but the tops should not look fully cooked, just a little bit golden.
Makes about 24 cookies, depending on size.
Perfect Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, sift flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, both sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time mixing between
- add vanilla mix
- Slowly, a little at a time, blend in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 8 minutes on parchment paper or a reusable cookie sheet liner. The edges should be a golden brown, but the tops should not look fully cooked, just a little bit golden.Leave cookies on cookie sheets for 20 minutes after removing- they will continue to cook through. Cool on a wire rack
Rachel is an Austin blogger, educator, mom, wife, young breast cancer survivor writing about health, saving money, and living a happy life in Austin, Texas.
Rachel has written for HuffPost and Hometalk and has been featured on KXAN, Studio 512, Fox 7 Austin, and CBS Austin.