Fun and Easy Crafts for Kids to Make at Home
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure.
Image Source: Deposit Photos
Table of Contents
Fun and Easy Craft Ideas for Kids
Watching the kids grow is every parent’s greatest achievement. When you see your little one being curious about the world that surrounds him, you’re helping foster their creativity.
Hence, as a parent, everyone should try to stimulate their kids’ creativity and challenge them with some fun crafts. Children are willing to learn more and explore the world, this is why they should be kept entertained and educated at all times.
Learning how to cope with children’s excitement and teaching them about crafting is an important job when you are a parent. In what follows, we will provide a list of easy crafts that you can do with your little one.
DIY Experience teaches you how to let your artsy part surface, offering numerous crafts ideas that you can easily put into practice, so make sure you check it out for more inspiration both for you and your children.
1. Microwave Puffy Paint
Turn your lazy afternoon into a fun one, becoming the coolest mom in an instant. This DIY paint that puffs will make your kid forget about boredom.
How to make Homemade puffy paint
- Combine 3 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of salt and water
- Mix it to be the consistency of pancake batter
- Divide the mix in four parts
- Add food coloring to every batch
- Give your kid a white sheet of paper to paint on using the paste you made
- When they are finished put the work of art into the microwave for 30-45 seconds.
You will see the diy paint grow and puff.
2. Tissue Paper Streamer Rainbow
On a rainy day, this is the perfect craft to make with your kid since all you wish for is a nice rainbow. Use some cheerful colors to turn your kid’s face into a big smile.
For this craft, you will need paper plates, colored tissue paper or crepe paper, cotton balls, and glue.
to make a rainblow paper streamer
- Cut paper plates into halves
- Ask your kids to glue the cotton balls on the plates.
- Then, your kids will arrange the colors of the rainbow in the correct order or any order and glue them down on the plate
3. Homemade Garden Flowers
This is a more complex craft and your kids will need a bit more help. However, it will be all worth it since your garden will look amazing.
You’ve eaten dehydrated fruit, and it’s still real fruit. Earth Breeze Laundry Sheets are along the same lines. They’re actual laundry detergent but made in eco-friendly sheets. They’re just dehydrated laundry sheets that come in cardboard envelopes.
For this, you will need twine, drill , screwdriver, small screw, acrylic paint, paintbrushes, clear plastic plates, and wooden garden stakes.
Directions to make craft garden flowers
- Let your kids paint the plates with whatever colors they like.
- After the paint is dry, drill a small hole at 1 cm from the inner rim of the plate.
- Next, use a screwdriver to attach the plate to the garden stake.
- Cut 4 feet of twine and wrap it around the stake.
- Use the rest of the twine to tie it in a bow.
- Your garden flower is ready for you or your kids to tap the stake into the ground.
4. Stained Glass Heart Crown
Your little girls will love this craft, as they will call themselves queens of hearts. You will need 1 sheet of poster board, drawing tools, utility knife, colored tissue paper, scissors, stapler, and a heart-shaped paper punch.
Directions to make stained Glass Heart Crowns
- Start by cutting the tissue paper after drawing a crown outline on it
- You can add smaller hearts on the side
- Next use the utility knife to cut out little colorful hearts
- After you cover the openings with contact paper, you should cut out the crowns
- Place tissue paper pieces
- Finally let your little girls decorate the crowns as they like
Stimulating your kids’ imagination is the key to good cognitive development. You should know that crafts and arts stimulate several brain areas at the same time, improving bilateral coordination between the right and left sides of the brain.
Also, when you satisfy your child’s curiosity about the world, you make him even thirstier for knowledge.
Any parent would be thrilled to see that their little one loves to explore new fields and uses his imagination to create. The crafts can broaden your children’s horizons and develop numerous skills. They will learn how to handle paper, how to fold, cut, and glue it in different shapes.
Next Up From ChaChingQueen
- DIY – Marvelous Mother’s Day Gifts and Crafts Ideas
- Decorated Flower Pots: DIY Gifts for Mom and Dad for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and more
Erin is the mother of identical twin girls and their slightly older brother. She is a domestic engineer, and previously had a career leading customer service teams for a major HVAC company. Cleaning without harsh chemicals, and cooking easy and usually healthy meals are part of Erin's daily life. She volunteers with youth leaders, and genuinely wants to help others win. Erin has a degree in Communications, with a focus on Broadcast Journalism.