Kiss Cookies Recipe (without Peanut Butter) – Blossom Cookies No Nuts
Here is a recipe for Kiss Cookies using Hershey’s kisses. But what makes this recipe different is that this is a nut-free Kiss Cookies Recipe. Now you can enjoy Hershey Kiss Cookies without peanut butter.
Table of Contents
Kiss Cookies without Peanut Butter
One year, I wanted to make some cookies for the kids’ teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week. If you know me well, you know I love desserts.
I have a Pinterest board for desserts and another board named Chocolate – My Favorite Pinterest Board.
Usually, I make Meringue Cookies or Brownies because they are easy and quick, but I wasn’t sure how they would hold up in the gift bag. Meringue cookies don’t travel well, especially not in a Ziploc baggie in a gift bag.
I needed a quick, easy dessert, so I decided to make some Hershey’s Kiss cookies (also called thumbprint Hershey kiss cookies and Hershey drop cookies).
Looking for Hershey’s Kiss Cookies with No Peanut Butter?
On the Hershey’s Kisses bag there’s a recipe for Kiss Cookies, but that recipe had peanut butter. Some of the kids in one of the classes have peanut allergies. I was not sure about the other class.
I searched the internet for Hershey kiss cookie variations, combined a few Hershey kisses cookie recipes, and came up with my own version of this recipe without peanut butter. I also developed a version of Kiss Cookies with peanut butter.
Recipe for Kiss Cookies without Peanuts
This is an easy and quick cookie recipe. It hardly took any time to prepare and I already had all of the ingredients in the house.
The cookies tasted great. My family and the teachers loved them. I will keep the recipe on hand for the next time I need to make a dessert that travels well quickly.
Before you start making the kiss cookies no peanut butter recipe, make sure you have butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, salt, baking soda, milk, and Hershey’s Kisses.
Kiss Cookies Recipe (without Peanut Butter) – The Classic Peanut Butter Blossoms without Peanut Butter
For this Hershey kiss sugar cookies no peanut butter recipe, you’ll need a stand mixer. I love my Kitchen Aid Mixer. If you don’t have a stand mixer, a hand mixer will do.
Kiss Cookies Recipe (without Peanut Butter)
- stand mixer or beater
- 1 stick (same as 1/2 cup softened butter)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt I prefer coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 35 Hershey's Kisses unwrapped
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar optional – for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat with stand mixer or a hand mixer (softened but not melted) butter, egg, sugar, and vanilla extract until well blended.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix.
- Slowly blend the dry ingredients and the milk into the wet mixture.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Optional – Roll each ball in a bowl of powdered sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes until the cookies are just slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie.
- Move cookies to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Makes around 35 cookies.
Giving Kiss Cookies without Peanut Butter as Gifts
Whenever I give cookies as gifts, I always label with the bag with main ingredients in case anyone has a food allergy.
For more ideas see Allergy Sensitive Recipes and the Dessert Recipes here on ChaChingQueen. Some other great allergy-friendly recipes include Best Brownie Recipe- Traditional, Gluten-Free, Dairy Free Options, Applesauce Muffins Recipe: Healthy Gluten-Free Low Sugar, and Baked Breaded Zucchini Recipe (Gluten-Free Option)
Also, visit my Pinterest board with a collection of budget-friendly dessert recipes. There are paleo and gluten-free desserts, as well as yummy dessert recipes of all kinds for the family and parties.
If you have tried this Nut-free Kiss Cookies Recipe, please re-pin and share it with others.
See More ChaChingQueen Recipes
Here are a few of our favorite Dessert Recipes:
- Gluten- Free Healthy Muffins Recipe made with Applesauce
- How to make the Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies that are Soft and Fluffy
- 13 Quick, Easy Halloween Treats Recipes
- Halloween Smores Eyeballs – Easy Halloween Recipe
- Cookie Cups and Mini Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups Recipe
- Safe to Eat Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Recipe (Gluten-free Option)
- Easy Meringue Cookies Recipe – Gluten Free Cookies Recipe, Dairy Free
Erin is the mother of identical twin girls and their slightly older brother. She is a domestic engineer, and previously had a career leading customer service teams for a major HVAC company. Cleaning without harsh chemicals, and cooking easy and usually healthy meals are part of Erin's daily life. She volunteers with youth leaders, and genuinely wants to help others win. Erin has a degree in Communications, with a focus on Broadcast Journalism.