Keep Your Keurig Clean – Easy and Quick Way, How to Clean Your Keurig
I use my Keurig a lot. It looked clean, but I didn’t want to be drinking any mold or bacteria. Since there are lots of parts to Keurig, I wanted to make sure I was only having coffee or tea and not unwanted grime in my cup. Therefore, I wanted to know how to clean your Keurig. So, I did some research and found an easy and quick way to clean my Keurig coffee machine.
How to Clean Your Keurig
One solution is to buy Keurig Descaling Solution, discounted on Amazon. This Keurig Descaling Solution is priced at $12.99 (half off) and is supposed to remove mineral build up and extend the life of the brewer. If you don’t want to spend the money on descaling solutions, then try these Keurig cleaning methods to save money.
First, grab your big bottle of vinegar, a sponge, and some cleaning brushes.
What? You don’t have these? That’s okay. If you do not have any of those products, then head over to Amazon. On the site, you can find deals on large containers of white vinegar, sponges, and cleaning brush sets.
For an easy and quick way to clean your Keurig
Quick way to Clean Your Keurig with Vinegar
- Start by filling the water reservoir with white vinegar.
- Then, withhout a K-cup, brew the vinegar through the machine being sure to have a large mug to catch the brewed vinegar.
- Next, dump out the brewed vinegar and repeat the brew process until the reservoir is just about empty. You’ll see the brewed vinegar look clearer and clearer each time.
- After that, remove any leftover vinegar from the reservoir and add clean, fresh, cold water.
- Finally, brew the cold water until there is no vinegar taste (4 or 5 times).
Basically, just remember these 4 steps to clean your Keurig.
1. First, pour vinegar in the machine and run the brew cycle (with no k-cup) until the vinegar comes out clean.
2. Then, run a few cycles of just water through the brewer to remove the vinegar.
3. After that, clean the inside. Usins a sponge or cloth (with a little bit of soap) and little cleaning brushes to get in between the little crevices, carefully clean the inside of the Keurig
4. For the last step, clean the outside with a sponge or cloth.
Longer way of How to Clean Your Keurig Machine
1. Start by cleaning the K-Cup holder, drip plate, and drip tray on the top rack in the dishwasher. When you remove the K-cup holder be careful. There are sharp needles inside the Keurig that poke the holes in the K-cups.
2. Next, clean the needles with either a toothpick, cleaning brushes, or toothbrush.
3. Handwash the reservoir and lid with a sponge, water, and a little amount of dish soap.
4. Then, make sure everything is dry and reassemble.
Do you have another way you clean your Keurig? Please share… How do you clean your Keurig?
Do you need a new Keurig or want to buy one as a gift? If so, here are a few Keurig deals and discounts on various size coffee makers/brewers.
And here are some deals on K-cups for your Keurig.
—– Check out more Amazon Deals here.
Prices at Amazon change often. The prices listed are the current prices at the time the post was written. Check the price before you make your purchase.
Not an Amazon Prime member? You can get free shipping and Amazon Prime advantages with the Free 30 Day Trial of Amazon Prime here.