In this cleaning post, you’ll learn why you should be cleaning your Keurig. Then, I’ll show you how to clean a Keurig coffee maker with vinegar whether you want a quick clean or a deep clean.
I use my Keurig a lot. It looked clean, but I didn’t want to be drinking any mold or bacteria. Since there are lots of parts to Keurig, I wanted to make sure I was only having coffee or tea and not unwanted grime in my cup.
So, I wanted to know how to clean a Keurig. So, I did some research and found an easy and quick way to clean this coffee machine.
How to Clean A Keurig
Use Descaling Solution
One method of cleaning is to buy Keurig Descaling Solution, discounted on Amazon. This Keurig Descaling Solution is priced at $12.99 (half off) and is supposed to remove mineral build-up and extend the life of the brewer.
If you don’t want to spend the money on descaling solutions, then try these Keurig cleaning methods to save money.
What? You don’t have these? That’s okay. If you do not have any of those products, then head over to Amazon. On the site, you can find deals on large containers of white vinegar, sponges, and cleaning brush sets.
A quick way to Clean Your Keurig with Vinegar
- Pour vinegar into the machine and run the brew cycle (with no k-cup) until the vinegar comes out clean.
- Run a few cycles of just water through the brewer to remove the vinegar.
- Clean the inside. Using a sponge or cloth (with a little bit of soap) and little cleaning brushes to get in between the little crevices, carefully clean the inside of the Keurig
- Clean the outside with a sponge or cloth.
- Run brew cycles with cold water until there is no vinegar taste (4 or 5 times).
This is a very easy way to clean a Keurig coffee maker with vinegar.
- 1 jug white vinegar
- 1 large mug
- 1 cloth
- 1 cleaning brush (optional)
- 1 dish soap
Pour vinegar into the Keurig coffee machine and run a brew cycle (with no k-cup) until the vinegar comes out clean.
Run a few brew cycles of just water through the machine to remove the vinegar.
Clean the inside with a sponge or cloth (with a little bit of soap) and little cleaning brushes to get in between the little crevices.
Use a cloth or sponge to clean the outside of the machine with warm soapy water or vinegar.
Run more brew cycles with water until there is no vinegar taste (4 or 5 times).
Here’s a video tutorial on Cleaning Keurig with vinegar
How to deep clean your Keurig Coffee Maker
- Start by cleaning the K-Cup holder, drip plate, and drip tray on the top rack in the dishwasher. When you remove the K-cup holder be careful. There are sharp needles inside the Keurig that poke the holes in the K-cups.
- Next, clean the needles with either a toothpick, cleaning brushes, or toothbrush.
- Then, wash the reservoir and lid with a sponge, water, and a little amount of dish soap.
- Finally, make sure everything is dry and reassemble.
Do you have another method to cleaning your Keurig? Please share… How do you clean your Keurig?
Here’s another video with an easy way to clean the brewer. But, many of the commenters recommend to not put the Keurig reservoir in the dishwasher.
Do you need a new Keurig or want to buy one as a gift? If so, here are a few Keurig deals and discounts on various size coffee makers/brewers.
And here are some deals on K-cups for your Keurig.
Pin these images to share with friends!
Cha Ching Queen a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon prices change often and the prices listed are current at the time the post was written. Therefore, check the price before you make your purchase.
Interested in Amazon Prime? Sign up for your free Amazon Prime 30-day trial