Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Maple Syrup And Soy Sauce Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure.
In this post, you’ll find the roasted Brussels sprouts with maple syrup and soy sauce recipe my son and I created together. We also have a few bonus ideas if you prefer flavors other than maple and soy sauce.
We even included a gluten-free roasted Brussels sprouts alternative if you prefer avoiding soy sauce.
Table of Contents
Family Time in the Kitchen: Creating Recipes with My Son
Over the last few years, my son has developed an interest in cooking. His talent is pretty impressive. For this recipe, he wanted to make sweet and salty Brussels sprouts for dinner, so we created this healthy dinner recipe together.
We’ve been so busy lately that we haven’t been eating as healthily as I would like. We often get home late and eat whatever leftovers or quick foods we can. When we went to the grocery store the other night, I picked up a bag of pre-washed, trimmed Brussels sprouts.
When my son saw the bag, he was excited. Yes, he loves Brussels sprouts.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Maple Syrup and Soy Sauce Recipe Created by Mom and Son
We worked together to come up with a roasted Brussels sprouts recipe. When I asked what we should use for seasoning, he suggested making roasted Brussels sprouts with maple syrup and soy sauce. He wanted to make a sweet and savory Brussels sprouts dish.
In a bowl, we mixed the Brussels sprouts with olive oil, maple syrup, and soy sauce. After giving it a taste, we put the Brussels sprouts in our small Cuisinart toaster oven set at 400 degrees. You can also use an air fryer, but shorten the cooking time and check on them often.
After 28 minutes, they were ready to come out. Then, we gave them a try. We decided the Brussels sprouts needed just a little more salt. So, I sprinkled them with some Kosher salt, and voila! Between the two of us, we finished every last sprout.
Here is the roasted Brussels sprouts recipe created by mom and son. We hope you like it as much as we did.
Watch our video on how we created our recipe for roasted Brussels sprouts with maple syrup and soy sauce.
All the good you can eat! Crush your fruit + veg goals with high-quality, low-maintenance, really good food—built on organic ingredients.
Sweet and Savory Recipe for Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Here is our recipe for roasted Brussels sprouts with maple syrup and soy sauce.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Maple Syrup and Soy Sauce
- 12 ounces 2 cups bag of Brussels Sprouts trimmed and washed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt optional
- 1 pinch pepper optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl mix together or toss the Brussels sprouts, olive oil, maple syrup, and soy sauce.
- In a single layer, spread out the Brussels sprouts on a foil-lined baking sheet or sheet pan.
- Roast for about 28 minutes until the Brussels sprouts outer leaves are slightly browned. (The roasted Brussels sprouts outsides may be browned, but the insides will be fine)
- Sprinkle with Kosher salt and pepper. (optional)
Other Great Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipes
Roasted Brussels Sprouts are great with many different flavors. Here are a few more ideas:
- Try substituting the maple syrup in our recipe with honey
- For a gluten free roasted Brussels sprouts recipe, substitute the soy sauce with balsamic vinegar
- For a cheesy idea, replace the maple syrup and soy sauce with Parmesan cheese
- Go simple: replace the maple syrup and soy sauce with garlic
Roasted Brussels Sprouts In An Air Fryer or Instant Pot
Roasting Brussels Sprouts in an air fryer also works well. Unfortunately, we can’t tell you a magic number of minutes to cook them because air fryers come in so many shapes and sizes right now.
We suggest you pay attention to the outside leaves browning, and then take them out and try them.
You can also try this Instant Pot Brussels Sprouts recipe for another delicious option.
If you love these savory and sweet Brussels sprouts, then learn how to make these delicious, oven roasted chickpeas.
Next Up From ChaChingQueen
- How Often Should You Clean Your Kitchen Appliances? – Experts Weigh In
- Easy French Bread Recipe: Only 5 Ingredients! Low Knead
- Breadsticks Gluten Free Paleo: Tasty, Easy Recipe Few Ingredients
- 20 Paleo and Gluten Free Breakfast Ideas
Erin is the mother of identical twin girls and their slightly older brother. She is a domestic engineer, and previously had a career leading customer service teams for a major HVAC company. Cleaning without harsh chemicals, and cooking easy and usually healthy meals are part of Erin's daily life. She volunteers with youth leaders, and genuinely wants to help others win. Erin has a degree in Communications, with a focus on Broadcast Journalism.